Parents: Joseph Stanfield
and Ann (Hague)
Born: baptised as son of Joseph Stanfield of Billingley 18 Dec 1739 All Saints, Darfield
Died: buried 12 Jan 1781 Darfield, "late of Billingley"
Richard born and died 1743, buried with his mother Ann at Darfield
Mary bapt. 1740 (appears to have had a daughter Anne, buried 20 Dec 1768 at Darfield as daughter of Mary of Billingley)
Note: in Archbishop Drummond's Visitation Returns 1764 under Ackworth he writes "No publick penance has been performed except one, viz. Mary Stanfield for fornication."
Marriage to Hannah Beckwith 23 June 1772 at St Peter's Felkirk. Register records "Samuel Stanfield of Darfield Parish and Hannah Beckwith of this (Felkirk) Parish".
Ann baptised 1774
Charles baptised 1777
Unaccounted for in this period
- July 1709 Mercie Stanfield of Ackworth married Thos Moseley of Wragby at Ackworth
- 25 Feb 1744 John Stanfield married Eliz England at Bolton-on-Dearne
- Darfield Parish Registers online transcriptions
- West Yorkshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1512-1812
- England, Select Marriages, 1538–1973
1841 England Census
- England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Yorkshire, England: Parish Records
- Yorkshire, Eng, Extracted Parish Records
- Archbishop Drummond's Visitation Returns 1764, Yorkshire A-G, Volume 1